Monday, January 16, 2012

IKStuart Designs on Artfire

As a member of the ArtFire Metalsmiths Guild, I have the opportunity to share with and learn from some incredibly talented metalsmiths. I.K. Stuart is one artist in this group whose work I really admire. Her one of a kind jewelry is stunning. She has a great eye for stones. Some of my favorite pieces are ones where the stone is the centerpiece, set off by her simple, elegant, and beautifully crafted silverwork. 

These beautiful earrings are a perfect example. The gorgeous agates are held in beautiful, simple silver bezels. The craftsmanship is impeccable.

Handcrafted Sterling Silver Earrings with Botswana Agate Gemstones



One of Iris' (the I. of I.K. Stuart) signature pieces is this fabulous pendant. The center feature of this wonderful pendant is a red Sonora Sunset cabochon. It is am amazing stone that Iris describes in detail in her listing.

Sterling Silver Pendant with Red Sonora Sunset Gemstone


I love all of Iris' work for its stunning simplicity and look forward to each new listing she posts.  To see all of her work on ArtFire, check out her studio ikstuartdesigns

Copyright Serendip Designs

4 comments:

  1. Wow, gorgeous pieces... I really love the "zen" feeling that the earrings give me, and the pendant is just to die for :)

    Great feature!

    Cheers,
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by, Nathalie! A post describing such wonderful work is a joy to write.

    Cheers!

    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - what a surprise!! Thank you Lois for telling the world about my work in your blog. I feel tremendously honored. You showcased two pieces that are my favorites because of the color, pattern, and shape of the stones.

    Thanks again - you've made my week!
    Iris
    I.K. Stuart Designs

    ReplyDelete
  4. My pleasure, Iris. Your work is really fabulous and inspiring. Thank you for stopping by to take a look.

    Best regards,

    Lois

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...