Saturday, March 19, 2011

Super moon and Spring tides

Today is the full moon, and it is also the day that the moon is closer to the Earth than it has been in 18 years.  Tomorrow is the first day of Spring.  With the Spring full moon come the spring tides.  Along with the Autumn tides, they are some of the biggest tides of the year.  It makes me miss living by the ocean.  It's always exciting to see how high the tide will come up, and when the tide goes way, way out it is always fun to walk on the beach and see what new things are exposed by the receding waters.  I can't go to the ocean today, so I made a Treasury on Etsy of things that seem appropriate to me for this time of moon and sea and change.  A Treasury is a celebration of other people's work.  It all seems very serendipitous.


Here are some items from my new Treasury:

FULL MOON FISH Oceanica Patchwork Pillow Cover by OceanPatch on Etsy

 

Full Moon Cats - Print by AliceinParis on Etsy

When I was a child we lived by the beach and my cat would bring home fish and crabs in the middle of the night.  I imagine these cats are waiting for low tide to expose all the goodies in the sea.

 

Large Sea Shell Mosaic Sea Turtle by ShadyGroveMosaics on Etsy

 

There are thirteen more works in this collection by some wonderful artists.  See the rest of them here.



2 comments:

  1. These are lovely! Thanks for thinking of me. Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your work! How could I not include it?
    Happy Spring to you, too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...